- Metal Stud Framing
- Lath & Plaster
- Spray Applied fireproofing
- Acoustical / Specialty Ceilings
AMC MONTCLAIR PLACE 12
The Shell consists of a two-story 135K square foot entertainment building in Montclair. The TI includes all the necessary work
to complete a Theatre TI for AMC Theaters.
Core and Shell Facts
- 1000S200-68 @ 45’ were dropped from the roof to the second floor for the exterior walls
- It took 3 guys positioned on the roof and 5 guys on the scaffold to safely maneuver the studs into place
- Boxed studs were laid out every 4’ for the exterior walls
- # of screws per boxed stud – 540 #10 SMS
- Exterior Sequence – Framing, sheathing, Tremco Waterproofing, Paper, Lath and a 20/30 sand float finish
- At one point we had 45 guys working on the exterior
Tenant Improvement Facts
- 12 Auditoriums in total on the second floor
- Each auditorium varied in square footage
- The IMAX and Dolby auditoriums were the biggest in size and both received over a 1,000 sheets of drywall
- Most auditorium walls received 3 layers of drywall to achieve the desired STC rating
- The interior studs (6” studs ranging from 42’ to 46’) for all auditorium walls were hoisted into place.
- Framing members were installed at some locations 8” oc due to wall height and anchorage category.
- There are 40 wall types throughout the second floor AMC Theatre Space